Neo Blythe Dolls are great if you plan to modify the stock look, or if you want to purchase your own accessories and clothes for them. In this way, it does not take away from the collector’s resale value and reduces some of the stress for those who are new to doll modification.
Here are some types of advanced customization:
There are times when Blythe customization can get complicated — they can take days to customize in some cases. Don’t have time to customize one? Visit our Custom Blythe Doll section to browse custom Blythe Dolls and see if you like one. Each custom doll listed on our page is completely unique.
Visit all Blythe customization tools.
For freckles, you may follow these steps:
1. Gather your supplies: You’ll need brown craft paint (Tip: Expensive artist-grade paints have too much pigment, stick with the cheap stuff for easier procedure), a sharp toothpick, and water or acrylic extender to thin your paint
2. Dip the very tip of the toothpick in the paint and practice making tiny dots. experiment with a load of paint on the pick and the size of the dot you get. If your freckles look too dark or dimensional, thin your paint.
3. Place a few tiny freckles on your Blythe’s face
4. Before the paint dries, use your finger to “pick up” most of the paint you just put down. reposition your finger and press it onto her face again. this will “duplicate” the freckle and thin out the original dots.
5. Getting it just right takes a little practice. Keep a wet tissue handy to wipe it off if you don’t like it. The goal here is to get very faint freckles for this layer.
6. Allow the first coat to dry. Repeat steps 3-6 one or two more times until you are satisfied with the “depth” of your freckles. The last layer should be left more opaque (don’t pull much off with your finger).
You can find Neo Blythe Doll’s measurements here. A regular Blythe Doll head is 10.5 inches in circumference.Blythe Doll’s head from the chin to the top measures about 4 inches. The top of Blythe’s head is a 1/2 inch from the seam of the hairline to the crown of her head.From the top of the...
A Custom Blythe Doll (OOAK) Collectors enjoy gathering all sorts of things. They may collect stamps, coins, toys, or in this case, Blythe dolls. If you’ve landed on this page, chances are that you’re a fanatic of Blythes yourself and looking for new items to add to your collection. The history of Blythe dolls dates...